Marriott International, Inc.
Springfield, IL, United States
Manager, Marketing, Pr
Feb 28, 2023
Sr. Manager, MDS Client Partner
Sales & Marketing
Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
The Sr. Manager, MDS Client Partner is responsible for the relationship with select MDS client accounts, which include internal and external stakeholders such as brands, management companies, and ownership groups. This role will own the relationship with these accounts and provide strategic guidance to ensure clients optimize the use of MDS existing products and solutions and/or work to develop customized digital marketing solutions for the account. This will include keeping stakeholders informed of new and existing product updates, capabilities, and support services.
The Senior manager, MDS Client Partner will partner with the MDS team members who work with accounts’ hotels on a day-to-day basis to monitor digital performance, identify growth opportunities within accounts’ hotel portfolio, and propose solutions that meet the customers’ objectives. They must be able to communicate effectively and solve problems acting as the top escalation point for these accounts. They ensure MDS stakeholders and internal partners are aware of customer engagement, feedback, and enrollment. This individual will develop strategic plans by account and deliver insights to the customer along with strategic right-sizing opportunities.
Marriott Digital Services (MDS) is an in-house digital marketing team. MDS provides hotels with a variety of digital services, and functions as an agency-like model within the Marriott International Global Digital organization.
Education and Experience
BS/BA degree in marketing, communications, hospitality management or related field.
3-4 years account management experience.
Strong presentation skills, business acumen, and credibility with executives.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Strategy & Leadership
Partners with accounts to align the strategy, execution, and optimization of their enrolled MDS programs, products, and media, while ensuring all stakeholders are aware of progress and next steps
Monitors MDS enrollment and product engagement for assigned accounts to ensure high levels of satisfaction and efficiency
Conducts regular reviews and has consistent engagement with all levels of accounts’ organization
Leads MDS Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with all accounts
Partners with key internal stakeholders and keep them informed of account satisfaction, strategy, performance, and right-sizing opportunities
Provides escalation point for accounts across their enrolled services
Leads internal account team of MDS team members who interact with account portfolio to ensure consistent messaging and strategy across all services and MDS client touchpoints
Promote exceptional account satisfaction focused on achieving Net Promoter Score (NPS) targets
Ensures strong NPS performance and response rate among accounts and builds stakeholder awareness on how input is leveraged to make product enhancements
Leverages account feedback into action plans aimed to address program opportunities with immediate solutions
Continual education and self-growth through reading industry blogs, social media, white papers, cases studies, research briefs, etc.
Attends relevant industry conferences and seminars
Continually seeks feedback on products, services, and tools, then provides suggestions to MDS teams accordingly
Conducting Human Resources Activities
Capable of working in a Matrix environment
Develops and improves management skills by attending available Management and Leadership training as required
Manages and organizes localized training efforts (internal and external)
Engages with global training efforts (as needed), contributing to planning, organizing and delivery
- Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
Building and Contributing to Teams
- Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
Driving for Results
- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Planning and Organizing
- Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
Detail oriented, with demonstrated track record of follow-through and delivery
Excellent project management skills with technical knowledge of ever-evolving web/digital marketing environment
Proven experience growing and managing a cross-functional team
Superior written and oral skills
Excellent presentation and influencing skills
Proven and demonstrated ability managing external partners/agency resources.
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
– Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
California Applicants Only:
The salary range for this position is $93,713.00 to $204,107.00 annually.
Colorado Applicants Only:
The salary range for this position is $93,713.00 to $185,551.00 annually.
New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only:
The salary range for this position is $113,393.00 to $204,107.00 annually.
Washington Applicants Only:
The salary range for this position is $93,713.00 to $204,107.00 annually. In addition to the annual salary, the position will be eligible to receive an annual bonus. Employees will accrue 0.4616 PTO balance for every hour worked and eligible to receive minimum of 7 holidays annually.
All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility, enrollment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election changes, benefit exclusions, and others.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Marriott International, Inc.
Website : http://www.marriott.com