San Jose, CA, United States
Jul 29, 2020
What You'll Do
As Senior Manager, Product Marketing for Cisco’s network-management software and licensing portfolio you will be responsible for driving all product and solution marketing efforts to help Cisco build awareness, advance thought leadership, generate leads, and grow software-subscription sales.
This role requires a strong passion for leadership, marketing impact, and driving change. You will direct a team of product marketing rock stars and collaborate with stakeholders across marketing, product management, sales, AR, PR, etc. to define and execute on the global Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy and marketing plans for the businesses. You will be reporting to the Director of Product Marketing for Cisco Enterprise Networking.
* Be the master storyteller. Craft clear, compelling, and differentiated messaging based on a deep understanding of target personas and buying center dynamics. Validate messaging with internal and external stakeholders. Create full-funnel marketing and enablement-content portfolios targeting prospects, customers, and other audiences such as analysts, press, sellers, and partners
* Work in tandem with the coordinated marketing campaign team to ensure effective lead-generation efforts. Campaign responsibilities include but are not limited to identification of solution(s) to be promoted, market segmentation, and messaging and content creation for global audiences
* Support seller-enablement teams with valuable, easy-to-consume content and sales tools to cover the entire sales cycle - from prospecting to closing
* Drive global product launches with the extended GTM ecosystem
* Develop and maintain a deep understanding of product portfolio, market dynamics, and competitive landscape. Act as a spokesperson at analyst and media briefings and industry events
* Create a fulfilling work environment. Empower and develop the team.
Who You Are
You are a highly skilled product-marketing leader. You have owned the charge in creating a compelling story around your product that is exciting and enticing to your customers. Aside from being a master storyteller, you are passionate about marketing and developing your team to achieve business results. You interact with all levels of the business easily and can influence across the board.
* At least 10 years of total product marketing experience in IT software / SaaS (AIOps, security, data center, or networking)
* Expert-level understanding of enterprise licensing and consumption models
* Passion for writing and storytelling. A proven track record of creating winning messaging and content (supported by samples of work)
* People-management experience
* MBA desired
* Ideally, live within a commutable distance to the Cisco San Jose headquarters.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data, and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education, and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re old (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But Digital Transformation is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.