Altair Engineering, Inc.
Troy, MI, United States
Manager, Marketing, Product Management, Sales
Jun 14, 2021
Sep 27, 2021
Transforming the Future with the Convergence of Simulation and Data
Solutions and Product Marketing Manager, Product Development:
Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new Altairian we are searching for. At Altair, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients' success, as well as our own.
We’re looking for a solutions and product marketing superstar, who can drive marketing messaging and initiatives to help raise market awareness and adoption of our simulation solutions within key verticals and sub-verticals. You will be responsible for developing and telling a story about Altair Product Development solutions to prospects, customers, the broader marketplace and internal audiences, as well as gathering segment-specific requirements to help drive new capabilities and solutions.
We are seeking someone who is an outstanding writer, able to boil down complex subjects into simple, compelling messages, and ready to learn at an accelerated pace. We’re looking for someone who has experience in B2B marketing in the large enterprise, preferably marketing to financial institutions.
Join our team of passionate and hard-working associates. We’re in growth mode and you’ll sit in the middle of it all -- at the intersection of marketing, product, sales, customer support and the market.
What You Will Do:
• Defining the market opportunity for key use cases and categorizing what form of solution should be promoted (product/service, marketecture, bundle or integrated)
• Mapping out the customer buying process; isolate nuances and specific buying patterns
• Monitoring industry trends (e.g. industry regulations, technology trends, macroeconomic conditions, business processes, challenges) and terminology, and act as an industry subject matter expert
• Developing and documenting an in-depth understanding of customer needs within key industry segments
• Writing and curating targeted content in the industry vernacular (e.g. sales plays, case studies, blog posts, sales training materials)
• Understanding the demand type within an industry (new concept, new paradigm, established market)
• Contributing to or build industry-specific buyer personas, or refine existing buyer personas based on industry knowledge
• Identifying target accounts within the industry
• Building relevant content for industry inbound and outbound marketing activities
• Collaborating with a formal sales enablement function, industry solution specialists and/or sales operations on a well-defined sales enablement plan
• Performing competitive analysis to identify opportunities for growth and impending risks
• Product and solution revenue performance and growth (vs. target) for industry/segment
• Demand waterfall metrics within key industries
• Win/loss rates in specific verticals
• Number of customer references secured in specific industries
• Sales adoption of enablement materials
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in marketing or a technology field
• Master's degree/MBA preferred
• 3-5 years industry or product marketing experience – at least 3 years B2B experience
• Solution marketing expertise/fluency preferred
• Prior experience with simulation, design, and product development software
• Previous sales enablement and/or channel marketing experience a plus
• Strong writing/presentation building
• Precise communicator – confidant storyteller
• End-to-end, detail-oriented project management
• Able to develop strategies to drive demand and awareness within specific target segments or verticals
• Can work across business units to connect with sales resources, customer success and product management
• Strong business acumen
• Excellent problem solver
• Relies on data to make decisions.
• Empathetic to the needs of an enterprise sales team, as well as the customer/prospect base
How You Will Be Successful:
Envision the Future
Communicate Honestly and Broadly
Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
Comprehensive Benefit Package
Outstanding Work/Life Balance
401(k) with matching contributions
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Unlimited vacation and Unlimited sick days
Paid Time Off for Community Service
Charitable Matching Program
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company that provides software and cloud solutions in the areas of product development, high-performance computing (HPC) and artificial intelligence (AI). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing and artificial intelligence (AI).
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventurers; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and uncharted waters, we dive in headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible; discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair's history demonstrates a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.
Altair Engineering, Inc.
Website : https://www.altair.com/