Cisco Systems, Inc.
San Jose, CA, United States
Nov 18, 2020
Mar 03, 2021
Senior Writer - Marketing Manager
Who We Are
Cisco’s Customer Experience (CX) organization is one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams, and the CX Marketing organization is transforming CX storytelling to our customers and partners. We are reimagining and marketing what’s possible with Cisco Solutions throughout the entire Cisco Journey.
What You Will Do
You will work alongside a team of talented marketers and designers. You will get a chance to craft content across various types of creative projects - digital campaigns, customer case studies, customer presentations, blogs, and much more.
As a member of the marketing team, you'll help develop content that will communicate the Cisco CX brand to the world. If you love simplifying the complex, finding the words that inspire, and working with highly creative people, you'll fit right in at Cisco.
What you'll be doing
· Writing compelling copy on a variety of creative projects including campaigns, digital ads, blog posts, social media posts, customer success stories, collateral (online and offline), and much more
· Writing both long and short form, editorial and marketing content
· Maintaining our brand voice across all creative projects
· Working with multiple internal clients on how to best engage our customers and partners through copywriting
· Bringing empathy and clarity through your words by seeing things from a customer's point of view
· Interpreting creative briefs to understand project requirements as it relates to copywriting
· Collaborating with designers, marketers, and other professionals on large- and small-scale projects
· Editing and proofreading copy as needed
Required - What You Bring
· 7 years of proven creative copywriting experience in an agency, or high tech in-house creative team
· Conceptual, creative thinker with a passion for writing
· Conversant with established and emerging digital and social platforms
· The ability to translate complex technology solutions into customer and partner value
· Bachelor's degree in related field (preferred)
· Experience writing for long and short form content for advertising and marketing
· Ability to adapt your writing style to different audiences and platforms
· Be highly organized with a high level of writing skill
· Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
· A portfolio of your writing projects with a detailed description of your involvement
· An eye for detail, good proofreading skills, and experience in brand communications are musts; works and plays well with others, essential
· Ability to use Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, or Figma
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Website : https://www.cisco.com/