Johnson Controls, Inc.
Milwaukee, WI, United States
Manager, Sales, Hvac, Engineering, Marketing
Mar 06, 2021
Jun 19, 2021
HVAC Agent Sales Manager','WD30110498060','!*!What you will do:
As the HVAC Agent Sales Manager, you will provide leadership in planning, developing and executing short and long-term business development activities aligned with Johnson Controls Building Solutions North America (BSNA) strategies and focused on independent equipment sales agents. Assists Area and Local Market leadership, in conjunction with HVAC Equipment Business Performance Leaders, in evaluating and advancing business plan objectives relative to the Agent partners such that secured volume, secured margin, and market share position goals are achieved. Includes leading the development and execution of sales strategies, programs, processes, and tools to achieve the sales objectives for the equipment agent business. Drives growth of equipment secured volume, margin, and share by coaching Local Market HVAC Sales Managers (Local Sales Managers) and assigned Agents’ salespeople around account coverage, basis of design strategies, systems selling, and integration of the agent salespeople into the branch sales team, including joint account and opportunity strategy planning. Supports and coaches the ACSMs and Local Sales Managers in their ownership of the Agent relationship. Provides a Continuous Improvement (CI) focus to the equipment agent strategy, which achieving sales, share, and profitability growth results.
How you will do it:
1. Provides HVAC Domain leadership to enhance the relationship and partnership between Area and Local Market sales teams and independent equipment sales agents.
2. In conjunction with Area and Local sales leadership, develops and deploys the sales processes required to secure business through independent Agent partner, and manages the development of appropriate systems, tools, and training to ensure consistency with Agent partner needs and business requirements.
3. Engages directly & frequently with assigned Equipment Agents, visiting the salespeople of the agency either in-person (virtually during times of travel restrictions due to pandemic
4. Ensures implementation of, and adherence to, Johnson Controls standard operating procedures for pipeline management, forecasting, project reviews, and delegation of authority.
5. Supports Area and Local Market sales leadership activities relative to independent equipment sales agents by assisting with identification, development and/or performance improvement activities.
6. Supports Area and Local leadership in the operational management of independent sales Agent partners.
7. In cooperation with the VP Equipment Sales and Global Products Regional Sales Managers, grows sales by assisting in the optimization of sales channel partners in each market within the region. Actively looks for enhancement, upgrade and white-space opportunities to improve sales and market share
8. Leads growth programs and key initiatives, provides competitive intelligence, best practice sharing, development of local market training programs.
9. Manages sales agent contract administration including; contract development, maintenance and enforcement. Works with internal legal and compensation departments to promote sales growth while simultaneously protecting the interests of Johnson Controls, Inc.
10. Leads the Sales Agent Advisory Council and is responsible for all council activities.
11. Acts as internal advocate for independent sales Agent business partners.
12. Represents Johnson Controls in relevant industry associations.
13. Develops and manages expense budgets to maximize results and productivity.
','!*!What we look for:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing, or related field, MBA preferred. A minimum of eight - ten years’ experience in Program Management, Marketing, Direct Sales, and/or Sales Management within a channel or industrial product distribution organization with extensive customer contact.
2. Ability to generate, communicate, and lead effective actions across the organization based on analysis of various leading and lagging indicators.
3. Possesses construction business principles with the ability to lead and influence diverse teams.
4. Demonstrated competence in written and verbal communication skills.
5. Able to positively represent Johnson Controls and communicate with others at varying technical and/or managerial levels.
6. General operational knowledge of field sales procedures.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of industry, company products and services.
8. Able to travel 35%.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
','Sales & Marketing','US-WI-Milwaukee','US-California, US-Florida, US-Georgia, US-Illinois, United States of America','Bldg Technologies & Solutions','HVAC Agent Sales Manager
Johnson Controls, Inc.
Website : http://www.johnsoncontrols.com