Bellevue, WA, United States
Manager, Marketing, Executive
Job Description Summary
Do you want to have a huge impact in eCommerce? Are you interested in solving cutting-edge applied research problems that impact all of eBay’s advertising channels? Do you love to work with massive data sets, large-scale optimization, probabilistic inference, and machine learning? If you answered yes, the Marketing Science team at eBay is the right place for you. eBay’s Marketing Tech Data Science Team is an innovative and forward thinking team of Data Scientist/Machine Learning engineers that powers one of the largest digital marketing platforms in the world.
eBay is looking for a Director, Marketing Data Science who will develop our Marketing Science strategy for Paid Search, Paid Social, Affiliate Marketing, and Display Advertising. eBay is aggressively building our big data and predictive analytics capabilities to augment our world class digital marketing strategy and deliver a higher return on investment of our multi-billion dollar marketing budget.
The Director, Marketing Data Science is a visionary leader and has a background in statistical methodologies, data driven predictive analytics, machine & deep learning strategies, computer science and validating models. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong knowledge on evolving a company’s big data platform and tools for data collection, data processing, exploration, visualization and insights. Further, the Director, Marketing Data Science will apply the latest data analysis and machine learning technologies to innovate applications such as target audience selection, personalization, bidding on ads, product recommendation, and content recommendations.
The Director, Marketing Data Science will develop partnerships with a number of internal stakeholders and will ensure coordination and collaboration; they will be a subject matter expert on all of eBay’s marketing data and how we leverage our data to create and fuel models that improve our advertising efficiency. This role will report to the Vice President of Marketing Tech.
Individuals with a talent for strategic leadership, interest in digital product development, and experience in people management are encouraged to apply. We are looking for creative, smart, and driven individuals who want to tackle tough machine learning problems, develop models and solutions to optimize eBay’s advertising efficiency, and strategically shape the future of digital marketing.
· Deep understanding preferred of multi-channel digital marketing, specifically Paid Search, Paid Social, Affiliate Marketing, Display Ads and CRM systems
· Advise and communicate to executives and leaders on deeply technical concepts across all marketing teams.
· Communication across multi-functional teams for technical and non-technical audiences.
· Thought Leader in Predictive Models, Statistical Methods, and Machine Learning strategies to leverage eBay’s data.
· Manage team of Data Scientists and set the technical direction of the Data Science team.
· Recruit, develop, and coach (performance reviews, distributing projects) a high-performing team of junior and senior individual contributors across multiple locations. The position is based in Seattle, and includes team members in San Jose and Shanghai.
· 12 years of relevant experience in a top technology company with at least several years leading innovative projects dealing with applications of data science
· Be the expert on emerging or existing Data Science technologies and techniques to enhance eBay’s advertising efficiency.
· Assist in designing a data and computational infrastructure that can handle near real time model execution, perform machine learning, and batch large scale data for our users including data pipelines, training environments and decreasing production runtime
· Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms. In-depth knowledge of one or more programming languages (including Java, C/C , Python).
· Expertise in specialized areas such as Optimization, NLP, Probabilistic Inference, Machine Learning, Recommendation Systems.
· Proven experience with large data sets and related technologies, e.g., Hadoop/Spark. Knowledge of SQL is needed.
· Expert level experience in at least one of the ML libraries (such as PyTorch/Scikit-learn/ Tensorflow/SparkML) is required.
Expertise on eBay’s Data
· Understanding of what data is available and developing an action plan on how this will be leveraged to build near real-time models to increase advertising efficiency.
· Understanding customer behavior data at a deep level and what that means for making decisions on defining target audiences, bidding for ads, item recommendations, etc.
· Understand internal marketing and advertising KPI & metrics in order to respond with appropriate problem solving to guide teams.
View our accessibility info at https://www.ebayinc.com/accessibility/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Website : http://www.ebay.com