Microchip Technology, Inc.
Chandler, AZ, United States
As the IoT market continues to grow, Microchip's Wireless Business Unit is seeking experienced Product Marketing Engineering candidates to contribute to the product development and growth of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and/or 802.15.4 families. The ideal candidate has an engineering background and is well versed in at least one of the following areas: wireless, microcontrollers, microprocessors, or protocol software stacks.
The primary responsibilities include:
Develop product and business strategies to grow the business
Work with worldwide customers and business partners to understand future product, software, and technology needs and translate into product requirements for the development teams.
Execute product introductions including pricing, forecasting, press/marketing/sales collateral development, and sales training
Generate and conduct product training for field sales, channel partners, and clients
Participation in industry alliances and standards bodies
Responsible for a portion of the existing portfolio and customer base
• Minimum of 6 years product marketing experience
• Successful track record of working with development teams to define and launch new products
• Proven success in developing and executing product business plans
• Willingness to travel approximately 25%
• Engineering degree is required
• Experience with wireless products, microcontrollers or microprocessors, or protocol/networking software
• Linux experience is highly desirable
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships, both inside and outside of the company
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions, regions
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Passion to take initiative and drive for results
Percentage of Shift and Longest Time (Enter Standing %, Walking %, Sitting %, Driving %, Inside %, Outside %, Hours standing, walking, sitting, driving, and Usual shift hours and days)
33% standing, 33% walking, 34 % sitting
Check Each Essential Physical Functions, Maximus LBS and Working Conditions
Lifting, Bending at Waist, Reaching, Handling, Feeling, Hearing, Talking, Seeing, Working Speed, Carrying, Extreme Cold, Extreme Heat, Sudden Temperature Changes, Wet and/or Humid, Slippery surfaces, Noise and/or vibration, Works Alone, Works Around Others
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled/Veterans/Minorities/Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster
and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Applicants with Disabilities
- If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here
with “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-730-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply to this Job
Microchip Technology, Inc.
Website : http://www.microchip.com
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller and analog semiconductors, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality. Microchip Technology Incorporated and all related affiliates (collectively, “Microchip”) share the global concern regarding the human tragedies occurring in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the adjoining countries associated, in part, with the mining of columbite-tantalite (tantalum), cassiterite (tin), wolframite (tungsten), and gold (3TG). These minerals originate from various continents, but armed groups engaged in, or interfering with mining operations within the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the adjoining countries (the Dodd-Frank “Covered Countries”) are subjecting people to human rights violations and using proceeds from the sale of these Conflict Minerals to finance and sustain regional conflicts. Microchip supports responsible mineral sourcing. We recognize the need to develop programs that allow for improved transparency in the 3TG supply chains. Our goal is to provide reasonable assurance that all integrated circuits manufactured by Microchip are DRC conflict free. In calendar year 2015, we made substantial progress toward that goal. We successfully removed smelters from our integrated circuits supply chain that were uncooperative with the CFSI Conflict Free Smelter Program. As of December 22, 2015, all smelters and refiners remaining in Microchip’s integrated circuits supply chain are listed on: the CFSI’s “compliant smelter” list, the CFSI’s “active smelter” list, or the TI-CMC’s “active smelter” list. Our independent due diligence research did not identify conflict minerals sourcing risk from the current “active smelters”. Should mineral sourcing risks be identified, they will be presented to our executive management for discussion and, as appropriate, action.