Various "e-tailers" offered free shipping on Cyber Monday, including Target Corp., Circuit City Stores Inc., Sears Holdings Corp., Crate & Barrel, the Discovery Store, and Overstock.com Inc., reports Associated Press.
Here are some quick facts on online shipping:
- The number of retailers offering free shipping increased from 36% last year to 41.4%.
- L.L.Bean launched free shipping without a minimum purchase.
- Blue Nile recently unveiled free FedEx priority overnight shipping.
- Shoebuy.com launched a "Quick Ship Items" feature that ships selected gift items for free via UPS ground the same day if ordered before 4 p.m.
- Amazon.com created convenient measures such as 99-cent gift wrap and free "Super Saver Shipping" on most orders of $25 or more.
- Toys "R" Us Inc. offered a one-day online sale and rival eToys.com instigated a two-day sale.
- Wal-Mart Stores started with five days of online-only sales.
- Online jeweler Blue Nile gave customers 20% off purchases paid through PayPal.
- Another online jewelry site Ice.com offered 20% off coupons.
- Ebags.com offered 20% discount on merchandise.