Marketing management includes the following activities:
- Market research and analysis
- Developing marketing strategies
- Implementation of marketing plans
- Project and process management
- Reporting results of plans
- Taking feedback of marketing strategies
Responsibilities of managers in marketing management jobs:
- Researching the market to find new customers.
- Developing marketing strategies that will be put into action by the company.
- Developing pricing strategies for a company’s products.
- Developing methods to maximize profits.
- Monitoring product development and demand trends for the product.
- Devising promotional methods to attract customers.
- Working closely with product development managers, sales managers and other employees of the company.
- Meeting goals and targets set by the company.
- Attending meetings with potential clients.
- Working within the budget set for marketing strategies by the company.
- Maintaining contact with customers and clients.
- Consulting the top management for preparing marketing budget.
- A bachelor’s or a master’s degree in business administration or business management.
- Internship in marketing management from a reputed firm or organization.
- Knowledge of accounts, economics, statistics and finance.
- Computer literacy.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Motivational skills.
- Analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Flexibility in making decisions.
Salary in marketing management jobs
The salary offered in such jobs depends upon the following factors:
- Level of responsibility.
- Education of the employee.
- Size of the organization.
Marketing management jobs offer several advancement opportunities to employees. Promotion is generally based on educational qualifications, experience and the performance of the employee.
Marketing management jobs are competitive and require ability, dedication and leadership on the part of the employee. These jobs are offered by almost every company these days. The best method to search for such jobs is to start a search on the internet. A person seeking such jobs can type “marketing management jobs” or “marketing jobs” in a search engine. A result displaying a number of jobs will be listed. The results can be reviewed and the one that matches an applicant’s criteria can be applied to.